E-2 Visa Lawyer San Diego

Embarking on a business venture in the United States is an exciting prospect, one that comes with its own unique sets of opportunities and challenges. As your E-2 Visa lawyer in San Diego, the Law Offices of Peter D. Chu is equipped with the expertise and resources to guide you smoothly through this venture.

The E-2 visa, designed for foreign investors of countries holding a Treaty of Trade and Commerce with the United States, offers a viable path for entrepreneurs planning to make a substantial investment in a U.S. business. As a temporary non-immigrant visa, the E-2 visa lets you live, work, and conduct business in the U.S. based on your investment.

At the Law Offices of Peter D. Chu, we appreciate the complexities of the E-2 visa application process, combining business strategy, immigration law, and international treaties. Our experienced team, led by Peter Chu, Lillian Chu, and Hai Huynh, is well-versed with the intricacies of immigration law and business strategy. This experience equips us to help you meet the stringent E-2 Visa requirements and put forward a strong application.

Our involvement starts from the eligibility determination stage, where we assess critical factors like your nationality, the nature of the business, your role in it, and the size of the investment. Our aim is to clarify the process for you, explaining what it means for your venture to qualify as a real, operating commercial enterprise, and how to ensure your investment funds are committed and irrevocably at risk.

We understand that the E-2 Visa application process represents a significant stepping stone towards fulfilling your entrepreneurial dream in the U.S. We offer personalized services, working alongside you to fully comprehend your unique objectives and circumstances. Through thorough consultations, we grasp all aspects of your situation, strategizing the best way forward.

Navigating the E-2 visa process can be daunting, but we're here to alleviate your concerns. From application preparation and submission to handling potential hurdles and preparing you for the visa interview, we'll be there at each step. We aspire to be more than just your E-2 Visa lawyer in San Diego, but rather your partner in this journey, bringing you closer to your business aspirations in the U.S.

Choose the Law Offices of Peter D. Chu for your E-2 visa needs, and let us guide you in achieving your U.S. business goals. Reach out to us today for a consultation to understand how our E-2 visa services can streamline your immigration journey. Let's work together to turn your U.S. business dream into a reality.


What is an E-2 Visa?

An E-2 Visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows nationals of treaty countries to live and work in the U.S. if they invest a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business.

Who is eligible for an E-2 Visa?

Nationals of treaty countries who have invested or plan to invest a significant amount of capital in a bona fide U.S. enterprise are eligible for an E-2 Visa.

How long can you stay in the U.S. on an E-2 Visa?

An E-2 Visa initially allows a stay of up to two years. Extensions can be granted in increments of up to two years each, with no limit on the number of extensions.

Can E-2 Visa holders bring their family to the U.S.?

Yes, E-2 Visa holders can bring their spouse and unmarried children under 21 to the U.S. Spouses can apply for work authorization.

What does "substantial investment" mean for an E-2 Visa?

Substantial investment for an E-2 Visa means a significant amount of capital invested in a bona fide U.S. enterprise. The investment must be substantial in a proportional sense, that is, in relation to the total cost of the enterprise.

Can E-2 Visa holders change their status?

Yes, E-2 Visa holders can apply to change their status to another non-immigrant or immigrant status if they meet the qualifications.

Can E-2 Visa holders work for another employer?

No, E-2 Visa holders can only work for the specific business that they invested in.

What's the difference between E-1 and E-2 Visas?

The E-1 Visa is for treaty traders engaged in substantial trade between the U.S. and their home country. The E-2 Visa is for treaty investors investing a significant amount of capital in a U.S. business.

Do I need a lawyer for an E-2 Visa application?

While it's not required, having a lawyer greatly improves the chance of a successful application. Experienced lawyers like the team at Law Offices of Peter D. Chu can guide you through the intricate process and help avoid potential pitfalls.

What services does Law Offices of Peter D. Chu offer for E-2 Visa applications?

We offer comprehensive services for E-2 Visa applications, including assessing eligibility, preparing and submitting applications, addressing potential issues, preparing for visa interviews, and more. We aim to make your visa application process as smooth and successful as possible.